Wednesday 12 June 2013

A Fool’s Paradise


At times I just wonder how much nonsense is one capable of. And my oh my, people are extremely talented when it comes to ahem... (Pardon me) bull shi**ing. I wonder if this is a trait found in India, where people have the attitude of taking themselves as ‘the enlightened one’ or it’s the same everywhere. On second thoughts it’s human tendency, so everyone on planet must have this 'special power'. Okay okay, if not everyone then most of the people.

I witness people just going on and on bragging about them. The inside me wants to shout, “Hello, don’t you get, people over here are not fools to listen to your crap”, but sadly you have to be polite (most of the times). To some extent I consider myself blessed coz I have an over expressive face and the person in front of me gets a clear hint of my feelings. I guess there is some amplifier that is in place, so no matter how much I try to keep quiet, my face tells it all.

Anyways not digressing from the topic, I suppose why people go on and on singing their own praises is because they want to prove themselves smarter than the rest. Maybe they do consider themselves like that, or they might me trying to save them from being proved a numskull. Well sorry to burst your bubble people but you are not as smart as you think you are. If at any point of time you work with the intention of duping others, trust me there are guys who are much smarter than you. You will end up making a fool of yourself. Don’t believe me?? Okay your wish, one day you will encounter a reality check, then don’t say that no one warned you. Psst.. a fact of prudence, it might be out of respect (if you command any) or out of the authority that you exercise over them that they are quiet.

A very common trend with these people is that they suffer from verbal diarrhea. They will certainly bore you death with their monologues, that’s all about eulogizing themselves. Narcissism is another trait that makes these idiots stand out. For heaven’s sake! People please know that you are not the fulcrum of everyone’s life. And what’s unfathomable is that they will glorify the most absurd thing they do. For example, a man going gaga about not spending time with his li’l kid and wife coz he is (supposedly) so much engrossed in work. I’m surprised how come his family hasn't kicked him out yet! Kudos to them for bearing him! I’ll tell you another instance, a man who is going bankrupt, derides other people (who BTW are doing pretty good) for doing petty business and not making money. Good morning sir, but wake up from your slumber and see where you stand. Another instance I just happen to witness, a visibly fat female (I’m not being shallow), calling another not so fat girl ‘ugly and fatso’. It just made me stare at her wonder-struck, thinking what do you consider yourself, Miss Universe? Oh where is her crown? Someone please show her the mirror.

Likewise there are so many instances which I’m sure all of us come across. There is no dearth of morons in this world. You might be mentally ROFL but you have to press your lips hard and try keeping a straight face. And of course there are lots of good and ahem... not so good things that you want to tell them on their face. who knows, maybe at times you do that as well (wink).

Honestly hats off to these people for their heights of ignorance about self. They live by the adage, “ignorance is bliss”. They are the “know it all” people, 'a blessing to humanity', someone please dust off their halo. Their words and actions would render you speechless with astonishment (how can someone be so dumb). You know the magic of this is that they don’t even realize this ‘facepalm’ moment. You get irritated and need and aspirin (God bless its manufacturer) after a meeting with them. Unfortunately you can’t do anything about them. So just vent out your feelings someway (like I’m doing right now), laugh out loud mentally (of course) and move on.


I remember this saying “the foolish and the dead never change their opinion”.  Let them be happy in their own imaginary world. Deep down these people are really very insecure. To protect themselves from the harsh reality they have built a world of lies around them. And they are engrossed in it to an extent, that they now take it to be real, my condolences to them. So why upset yourself over them? Let them enjoy their 'fool’s paradise'; coz when reality dawns on them it is going to be very distressing. 

1 comment:

  1. haaah!
    A real outburst....the assumed circumstances must have led to this writing & reminds me of a saying frm movie 'Pa' ki "one who hurts smone is althmore hurt frm within",even though he dosn't know about it...

    So 'sis' lets Sympathize with these 'types'
    as you said ki whn reality check arrives it'll automatically make them strait...As we know Newtons most popular law ...

    ReplyDelete